Streaky Pork [หมูสามชั้น, which are the term in Thai]is a delicious dish which is very famous in Asia and America. It is boneless meat obtained from the belly of a pig. It is also a very popular dish in Chinese, Korean, and Philippine cuisine. Every country has its own style of preparing streaky pork. South Korea is the highest pork consuming country in the world.
Pork consumption in South Korea has increased in recent years. It is rich in vitamins and minerals and contains all the essential micronutrients which are essential for the body’s growth. Streaky pork is served in various Korean restaurants and can also be prepared at home. It is also grilled with Korean Barbecue.
There are a lot of health benefits of streaky pork. But consuming it beyond the limit might cause harmful health problems. It can be a great inclusion in your daily balanced diet. It is a source of high protein and contains all the nine essential amino acids. One bowl of streaky pork has 297 kcal of calories. It has both saturated and unsaturated fats in equal amounts. It has a high nutritional value. The nutrients present are listed below:
- Niacin: It is one of the components of Vitamin B, which is essential to increase the metabolism of your body.
- Zinc: This is very important for the proper functioning of the brain and the immune system.
- Iron: Pork is considered as an excellent source of iron. It helps to improve the digestive system of the body.
- Phosphorus: It is essential for bodybuilding and maintenance
- Vitamin B6: It helps to generate new red blood cells in the body.
In addition to the above nutrients, there are many other rich proteins, vitamins, and minerals present in pork. Streaky pork is an exciting dish as many flavors and spices are added, and the pork is marinated in order to make it tasty and delicious. It is often fried to make it crisp, and then all the flavors are added to make it spicy and tasty. It is a great snack and can also be consumed as a meal. Pork is wholesome and is loved by many people all over the world.