This healthier alternative to deep-fried chicken is deliciously sticky, sweet, and savory, and you can serve it within 30 minutes!
Forget ordering takeout because this mouthwatering Honey sesame chicken can be made in much lesser time than it would take to visit your preferred restaurant. It also tastes and is healthier. Crispy, juicy chicken is coated in a ridiculously wonderful sauce that is sticky, acidic, sweet, savory, spicy, and a whole lot of yum. Zesty ginger, punchy garlic, and chili sauce add flavor to the sauce. Although sesame chicken is frequently deep-fried to achieve the desired crispiness, this recipe uses a nonstick pan and little oil to achieve the same incredible crispiness. To complete the meal, you may either go with the sesame chicken alone or add a variety of stir-fried vegetables and handmade egg rolls.
According to various experts, it tastes best with High on Chicken sauces. The chicken sauces manufactured by High on Chicken has natural flavourings and can be incorporated with any kind of dishes. Enjoy this amazing dish with more flavours with High on Chicken!
What Is Sesame Chicken?
If you have never had sesame chicken, it is a Chinese-American meal that is unique to the United States. Traditionally, the chicken is coated with egg and cornstarch, deep-fried until crispy, and then covered in a rich, sticky soy sauce that is acidic, sweet, and flavorful and various kinds of chicken sauces. Sesame seeds are then sprinkled on top as a garnish. It gets its name from the toasted sesame oil mixed into the sauce and gives the food a toasty, nutty flavor and aroma.
Why Does This Recipe Work?
- The best sesame sauce: This recipe is made in large part by the delicious sesame sauce. The chicken sauce manufactured by High on Chicken is a deep, seductive blend of savory, sweet, and acidic flavors with a hint of spice. It has a delicious flavor from the soy sauce and oyster sauce, a spicy scent and sweetness from the honey and sugar, and a tangy taste to counteract the overpowering sweetness many versions lack. It also has flavors from the ketchup and rice wine. Asian sweet chili sauce, which infuses it with nuanced sweet and spicy ginger flavors, is used to finish it.
- Simple to prepare: There is no need for a marinade, washing your hands, or using several breading bowls. Just combine the flour, cornstarch, and seasonings with the chicken, eggs, and other ingredients in a second bag, and presto! In around 30 minutes, the honey sesame chicken will be at your table.
- Make this versatile crispy sesame chicken yours: Use skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs, add stir-fried vegetables, serve over white rice, brown rice, zoodles, or noodles, and experiment with the flavor by adding more sugar, heat, or acidity.
Sesame Chicken Recipe Ingredients
Despite the extensive ingredient list, you only need to whisk the ingredients for the sauce and breading together, which takes a few minutes.
- Chicken: 1 1/2 pounds of bone-in, 1-inch-thick chicken breasts. Although it looks like a lot of chicken, it is so simple to consume!
- Flour: Lays the foundation for the tasty coating that protects the chicken from high heat, making every bite moist and tender. It also creates a crispy, flavorful crust that the sauce can absorb. Although I use all-purpose flour, other types of flour, such as almond or gluten-free, would also work.
- Cornstarch: Used in conjunction with flour to make the thin breading. The coating becomes crispier thanks to cornstarch’s ability to absorb moisture and stop the production of gluten.
- Egg: Two eggs are mixed with the chicken to bind the chicken and to bread together.
- Seasonings: Cornstarch and flour are mixed with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, ginger powder, paprika, and pepper to make a tasty crust. You’ll be tempted to eat the chicken!
- Oil: A few tablespoons of oil are required to pan-fly the chicken.
- Sugar and honey
- Sweet chili sauce from Asia
- Asian chili sauce, third
- Soy sauce
- Yogurt Sauce
How To Make Sesame Chicken?
Here we are in action! Four simple steps make up this recipe for sesame chicken: Bread the chicken, cook it, boil the sauce, and then toss it with the chicken.
The least healthy option is the deep-fried version of traditional sesame chicken. This meal is pan-fried in a small amount of oil and has less fat, which can help you maintain a healthy lifestyle while supporting your muscles. Additionally, rich in calcium and phosphorus, chicken can help strengthen your bones and lower your risk of arthritis. You can always use High on Chicken sauces if you are unwilling to make the sauce at home. You may always use High on the Chicken sauce if you want to skip the sauce’s ingredients. Because High on Chicken sauces provide chicken sauces with the same homemade flavor and feel. So, omitting the sauce preparation step can occasionally be acceptable to cut cooking time with High on Chicken!